The Blessed Sacrament and me

On a recent trip to see a friend of mine I visited Crawley where he lives.  I will not bore you with the details of the trip although just to say that it was really good to see my friend. As it is with me I had a bit of time to spare and so I decided to look around the town centre. Maybe it was the time of day or the weather but as I walked around the shops I got more and more depressed. The place seemed soulless. The people had sullen faces and there seemed to in lots of peoples faces little hope. I felt there must be more to this place. I decided to go to the Catholic Church and was pleased to discover that the Church was open and that there was people in prayer. There was also a great joy to behold and that my dear Lord in the Blessed sacrament not just in the tabernacle but they were engaged in exposition. 

I was firstly very happy to see the Church open and then thanked God for the gift of himself in the Blessed Sacrament and that he was on the Altar. I sat and knelt to pray realising that the soulless modern culture that  swept around the Church in the midst of this mess and noise was Christ waiting patiently for people to discover him. Gently calling our names Jesus calls us back to him and wants us to spend time with him in adoration 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Year of Service

Easter

What have we learnt? Covid and the last year.