A Short something on Vocation

I am asked often how did I know what God wanted me to do? I always answer that actually I am not sure. A vocation is a calling by God to serve him. For all of us it is a process of prayer and listening to that call. For some of us it is to be married and have children others it is to be single and for others it means religious life as a nun of a priest or a brother. But vocation is not something you do it is something you are. You are a teacher, you are married you are a priest. So it becomes part of you it becomes a way you live your life. All your thoughts and actions come from the fact that you have been chosen by God to live this life. It has its challenges it has its up and it's downs but we stick with it. Why? Because Jesus says " you did not choose me, no I chose you

So do not be scared. The road of listening to the Lord is sometimes tough, sometimes we ask why me but it is something that we need to take the courage and put out into the deep and hold the hand of Jesus always. He will guide you. He will lead us sometimes to places where we would rather not go but all we need to do is to put out trust in him because he loves us. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Year of Service

Easter

What have we learnt? Covid and the last year.